Reasons to Prioritize Protein!
While protein does not cause kidney issues, it is debatable whether having a high-protein diet can exacerbate existing kidney issues, so this post is written for those without pre-existing kidney issues or all other conditions that can be exacerbated by a high-protein diet.
I will not list out the recommended daily amount of protein for each activity level in this post, as it varies; however, most people do not focus on protein enough.
REASONS TO PRIORITIZE PROTEIN:
1. PROTEIN INCREASES NEAT. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis (calories burned through movement outside of structured exercise).
2. Protein increases satiety, keeps you feeling fuller for longer. This means lowering the chances of binge-eating due to not being satisfied with our meals.
HOW TO ADD MORE PROTEIN TO YOUR DIET?
1. Protein shakes as an accompaniment to breakfast or a snack.
2. Protein bars as an accompaniment to an existing snack or a snack on its own.
3. Building your meals around protein is also helpful.
Looking to enhance your wellness?
I compiled my Amazon favourites all in one place for you, from wellness supplements to fitness equipment and hair care. These are tried and true products that I love, and they may inspire you on your wellness journey as well!
Affiliate link to my Amazon Storefront: