HEALTHY EATING MYTHS THAT MAKE ME ROLL MY EYES
Top myths about eating well that I think are restrictive and can possibly be very misleading if taken at face-value:
1. All carbs are bad.
2. Eating well is time-consuming.
3. Eating well is expensive.
4. Eating well means no fun foods.
Not entirely true, if at all.
- Complex carbs are slower digesting, simple carbs are fast-digesting, use both based on goals. Complex carbs do have a better nutritional profile; however, fast-digesting carbs have a place in one's diet especially for body-building or when consciously consumed.
- Meal-prepping saves time and mental energy, so you can focus your brain power on actual decisions and automate (for the most part) the decisions around nutrition and diet in advance by making a plan on a weekly basis.
- Buy in-season to save money.
- If you hit all your macro goals and ensure you're also getting enough vitamins and minerals first, treats make a healthy lifestyle more fun and sustainable.
Not all "conventional wisdom" is actually wise. Please do your own research!