HEALTHY EATING MYTHS THAT MAKE ME ROLL MY EYES
Top myths about eating well that I think are restrictive and can be very misleading if taken at face-value:
1. All carbs are bad.
2. Eating well is time-consuming.
3. Eating well is expensive.
4. Eating well means no fun foods.
Not entirely true, if at all.
- Complex carbs are slower digesting, simple carbs are fast-digesting, use both based on goals. Complex carbs do have a better nutritional profile; however, fast-digesting carbs have a place in one's diet especially for body-building or when consciously consumed.
- Meal-prepping saves time and mental energy, so you can focus your brainpower on actual decisions and automate (for the most part) the decisions around nutrition and diet in advance by making a plan weekly. As well, many grocery stores sell healthy prepared foods, including proteins. I prefer to not cook most weeks, that is my lifesaver.
- Buy in-season to save money.
- If you hit all your macro goals (including protein goals) and ensure you're also getting enough micronutrients first, treats make a healthy lifestyle more fun and sustainable.
Not all "conventional wisdom" is wise. Extreme restriction can cause metabolic damage. Not to mention, weight regain! The body ends up storing more fat after the excessive restriction.
Fat loss happens (partially) when you burn more than you consume, but there are many methods. Our method safely increases energy expenditure without reducing caloric intake too low / too often / too long. We increase an individual's resting metabolism via weight training and a customized nutrition / total fitness program.
Is there a need to cut out entire food groups when you take care of the factors that influence fat loss/gain first? Absolutely not. The science-based approach is a sustainable one. No amount of cutting out food groups (for no reason, except if there are allergies) or restricting will work long-term. Those methods can also break/damage your metabolism. A dysfunctional metabolism will not be fixed by restricting foods if it doesn't respond to any food the way that it should in the first place. Fix the metabolism first, the rest will follow. Of course, eating well most of the time helps, but it is not the only factor.
In essence, our method causes an individual to burn more than they consume through the right fitness/nutrition program all without restriction. We trigger the right metabolic speed increases and take care of all the factors that go into fat loss, which is far beyond the "calories in" vs. "calories out" equation.
Are you a busy leader or professional who already exercises, but you are not making much progress? Do you want to lose fat, increase muscle mass, and find a fitness plan that works/teaches you long-term strategy without cutting out the foods you love? Have you exercised regularly in the past and fallen off track?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your challenge to see if our program would be a fit for you.