Hi! Thank you for visiting Self-Love and Fitness™ and for your interest in booking me as your guest expert or speaker.
More about me:
I am Karisa Karmali, Founder of Self-Love and Fitness™, ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, ISSA Certified Online Fitness Coach, and NASM Certified Nutrition Coach.
Aside from inspiring driven people to level up athletically since a strong body is connected to a strong mind...
This brand was built as a mechanism for me to channel adversity into something positive.
Using my anxiety reframe methods daily, I know powerful ways to cultivate resilience.
Building my own business is also a huge part of ensuring that I can be in a position to give back to the community. I support the Just One Person scholarship for Youth in Care because I was one.
The odds were against me, I grew up in foster homes (since the age of 4); however, I would never call myself a victim. Why? It was just fuel for me.
We can always win in the end if we use adversity to our advantage.
Self-love also fuels self-discipline, which is needed for athletic performance, and to navigate the mental highs and lows of life in general.
- Fitness for mental resilience
- Fitness and nutrition to help manage anxiety
- Sustainable nutrition and fat loss
- Athletic performance nutrition
- Losing fat while gaining muscle
- Healthifying your favorite junk food
- Healing childhood trauma using regular therapy, spirituality, and exercise
- Healing from and overcoming sexual assault
- Avoiding falling into the trap of gaslighting yourself to stay in abusive relationships or business settings (using sexual assault and harassment as an example)
- Overcoming shame from anxiety in toxic business settings
- Overcoming bullying and being "ganged up" on in business settings
Past topics and experience:
- Youth Advisory Council - spoke on multiple youth in care advocacy panels (2006-2008) on the importance of education for youth in care and hosted scholarship / youth recognition ceremonies for the Children's Aid Society of Ottawa
- Foster Adopt A Snow Angel Speech on Parliament Hill - 2010 - Topic: The need for more permanent foster homes in front of Members of Parliament and media
- Start It Up Youth Entrepreneurship Program at Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre - 2012 - Topic: the importance of education for youth
- Background acting roles with Smyth Casting (2014-2017)
- Promotional brand representative for Annie's Homegrown and Larabar at the Kathy Smart Expo - 2016
- Rogers Daytime Ottawa - Live Television Segment about at-home fitness - October 18, 2021
Guest speaker booking requests for podcasts, television, workshops, conferences, events:
E-mail requests are preferred as social media messages are not monitored.
Evening bookings preferred, daytime bookings require more notice.